Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FX Photo Studio - mobile image editor

FX Photo Studio is a much more full-featured image editor than the previous two photo apps I have discussed. The app, which can either take photos from the device camera or load from the photo library, allows you to crop, change contrast, rotate, and perform other elementary photo editing processes right on your iPhone. What it does best is offer hundreds of photo manipulations that filter your photos, provide borders, or do other tasks to improve your images.


FX Photo Studio is what I'll run if I want to work with photos that I already have in my library. The app offers hundreds of different effects to apply to your photos, and it can be tough work going through them all and previewing your photo. What I love doing is hitting the "random" button and letting the app choose effects by itself. It takes multiple attempts, usually, but in this way I have produced really great photos. Below is one of my favorite images that I have created in FX Photo Studio.


The app does well to give the user so many effects to use to manipulate their photos and quickly share them by the countless ways an iPhone can share photographs. Full-featured image editors on computers are expensive, difficult to learn, time-consuming, and require you to be at your desk. Apps such as this and mobile photography, as a whole, allow you to do all of this wherever you can take your iPhone. Some people may criticize FX Photo Studio for not containing enough content to make it a worthwhile place to edit photos, but considering the limitations of the hardware, I think the app does a great job providing a convenient way to work with photos on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment